Friday, July 13, 2012

San Pedro students writes about worst day of her life


 
San Pedro High School Student Tells Another Sad Tale About Life

The Worst Day of My Life
 By San Pedro Senior Rain Wase
  
   The worst day of my life was when my best friend killed herself.
   It was a hot summer morning and I hadn't seen her for a few weeks. As I got out of bed, she called and asked me to come over. As I start to get ready, my mom tells me to ask her mom if we are stilling going to have the bonfire that night.
   I start to ride my bike to the halfway point in between our houses. When I get there she's waiting and greets me with a nice hello. We start to ride to her house and we began a real talk. We called it a "real talk "because it isn't a "b.s" conversation.
   She starts to tell me about what's going on in her life. She starts talking about school and she begins to cry.  I don't understand.
   When we get to her house, we go straight to her room. She rolls up her sleeves and I notice her wrist's dense scars.
   "Why are you hurting yourself?" I ask.
   She starts to cry and just runs out of her room, goes in the kitchen, grabs a knife and stabs her lower stomach and just falls to the floor and starts to bleed. Her mother and I run to her. She looks up at me and says: "Don't do what I did."
   I didn't understand what that meant and I still don't.
   After the police left, I still ask her mom about having a bonfire and she looks at me like I'm crazy.
   But it's just death. And it happens every moment of every day.
----------------------------

No comments: