Tuesday, April 05, 2011


A 12-year-old Writes About Her Bad Day and New Writing Classes Begin Wednesday at the Corner Store  
Corner Store Has Its First Easter Egg Hunt This Weekend And San Pedro High Students Do A Winning Blood Drive
-----------------------------------   Dear Readers:    Ada enrolled in my Seven Golden Secrets Writing Class and has learned so much about the craft within a few weeks. When she wrote about her particularly bad day, I thought other readers might enjoy it -- since we've all had a few of those! On  Wednesday, a new round of writing classes begin at the Corner Store ages 7 to 12. If you are interested, please e-mail Diana at hartchap@cox.net.  
Today
By Ada Day, 12
Today was just terrible. There is no other way to explain it. I got up late and rushed around the house. But  let’s go back to the night.
I went to bed at 9:30, not that late, but I was tired.  At 3 a.m., the fire alarm in my room went off because of low batteries – waking me up!
When I woke up late, I was upset that my sister was going on a whale watch field trip and I was going to the dentist. The dentist had to clean my teeth so he had to numb me and needle in the roof of my mouth. I started to cry. I don’t know why though. It hurt, but not enough to cry.
Then he “accidentally” stuck something down my throat, twice. I gagged. It was gross.  I was really hungry too because I forgot to eat breakfast.
When I went back to school, I got there right in time to do the long jump. Unfortunately, I hurt my ankle and it still really hurts.
Finally, it was lunch time.  “Uh-Oh," I realized, "I can’t find my wallet.”  It was at home. All my money was in there. So I starved.
I started to cry while walking home. When I arrived, I took a deep breath,  made  two sandwiches and wondered what the rest of the day would be like.
_____________________________
EASTER EGG HUNT
Sat, April 9th at 12pm
Come to The Corner Store
*Meet the Easter Bunny
*Decorate your Easter Egg
*Compete in Easter Games for great prizes
*Enjoy the Easter Egg Hunt for more prizes
Pre-registration suggested as space is limited.
Cost: Only $5.00
Call for more info at: (310) 832-2424 1118 37th Street, San Pedro  
-------------------------------------------------
San Pedro High Hosts A Winner Blood Drive
    About  162 San Pedro High students gave blood to the Red Cross last week , a donation Red Cross officials believe can possibly save some 330 lives.     Rita Marquez, student president of the club called M.E.Ch.A, organized the event and its members aided in the set-up, organizing and pre-registration of the campuses' students.      Students gave about 110 units of blood.      "Rita, you and the members of club M.E.Ch.A are to be commended for organizing a successful life saving event.," wrote Red Cross official Kimberly Davis. "Please extend a special thank you to all members who assisted at the blood drive -- their hard work and volunteerism is greatly appreciated."

No comments: