Saturday, October 24, 2009


KIDS WRITING THEIR OWN VERSION OF HALLOWEEN STORIES! HERE'S THE FIRST PEEK AT ONE!

Dear Readers: It was exciting to have this story come about from a writing class at the Corner Store where one student proposed writing from the point of view of a witch. That got Keli Mezin thinking....She decided to write from a pumpkin's point of view. Enjoy & Happy Halloween

Pumpkin’s Point of View

By Keli Mezin, 9, photo above

Humph…..Why is everybody carving things out of me? How would you like it if someone just picked you up and started to carve you up? Yeah, I didn’t think so.

I think I am handsome until you guys pick me up and carve me. It’s like you take a knife and shove it in. But since we pumpkins don’t want to scare you, we don’t talk which is miserable for us. Try not talking 24-7. It’s hard. I know we are good to eat and stuff, but still, think about if it happened to you.

Just think about it.

-----------------------------------------HappyHalloween!!!--------------------------------

No comments: