Wednesday, November 26, 2008


What Am I Thankful For?
Happy Thanksgiving
By Jamie Gonzalez, Port of Los High School senior
As a young child, my parents have taught me that family is everything in one’s life. As the years have passed by, I have learned that this is true. I am thankful for everything my parents and my family have done for me.
My parents are the ones who gave me life and gave me a chance to grow up to become someone important. They have struggled through many years, but despite all those challenges we have all stayed together as a happy family which I am thankful for and will cherish forever.
I am also thankful that God has given my mother strength to take care of me and my three brothers by always having food ready for us so we can have a nice lunch or dinner. I am thankful that God has given my father strength to keep on working in roofing and take care of the whole family financially, but also still being a great father.

Education wise, I am thankful for many great things. I thank God for giving me a chance to go to a great school that doesn’t compare to other schools. If I didn’t go to Port of Los Angles High School, I wouldn’t have met the great friends that I know to this date. I wouldn’t have gotten the chances to go on a onc- in-a-life time trip to Washington D.C., join SRLA, the Spanish club, and also represent my school. But also, if I didn’t join the College Bound program in the Boys & Girls Club of the L.A. Harbor, I would have been lost college wise.
This is why I am thankful that Jenna and Marcey (of the Boys and Girls Club) are always there to help me out and answer my questions about college. Lastly, I am thankful that God has helped my family through the good and bad and has always kept us moving forward. Now that I am transitioning from a teenager to a young adult, I now see how life really is and thank God that he has let me see this.

No comments: