Friday, October 17, 2008



Dear Readers: On occasion, I get the chance to read works of students in San Pedro. When I read Amy Epperhart's "Moth," I enjoyed it so much that I asked her if I could post it on my blog. She said: "Sure." Amy attends the Port of Los Angeles High School and has future plans to become an archaeologist and participate at dig sites either in England's Stonehenge or near the Egyptian pyramids. Here is her poem:
The Moth
I am a moth
Plain and hardly visible
Working hard each day
Flitting around in a frenzied whirl
Trying to learn all I can learn
Trying to accomplish all I possibly can
But I forget, I'm only one small moth
In the grand scheme of life
So I close my eyes
And fold my wings
To climb one leafy branch at a time
Each day, I grow and learn
My wings grow a little larger
A little more colorful
A little more unique
I am a moth
Ever smiling. I spread my vivid wings
And let the fluid currents of life
Take me to my dreams






No comments: