Sunday, May 20, 2007

A MESSAGE OF THANKS FROM LAUSD BOARD CANDIDATE NEAL KLEINER: "I fell a bit short."


My Dear Friends,

I am disappointed that I didn't win, but I'm not sorry I made the fight. It was something I had to do. I decide a couple of years ago, but did make the mistake of not campaigning until I retired from Muir. Other than that, I am proud of the campaign, but mostly proud and in debt to all of you who gave me so much support, encouragement, and love.

I am humbled by the outpouring of an "all volunteer army" that made a real race out of a contest that few gave me a chance. I will always be in your debt. I walked over 35 precincts since the primary, and went to every community event, imaginable to try to compensate for my lack of finances. You walked, called, emailed people everywhere and people came "out of the woodwork" to give support. I may have fallen short of votes, but YOU WON. You believed in me, despite my weaknesses and worked to prove small campaigns can still work. I know what you did and I am very proud of you. At the end of the day, we are still standing, not necessarily to fight another day, but to continue to do what we feel is right for public education in LAUSD.

I will do what I can to support Dr. Vladovic and hope he is successful in helping students in this area, especially at some of the most troubled schools in the District. I sincerely wish him luck.

Neal Kleiner

No comments: