Tuesday, April 17, 2007

More thoughts on Eastview....

TO: AYSO Friends and Families and Community,

I am writing this to you today, because it was brought to my attention that some of you took my words from last Saturday's letter to the editor out of context, and took them to be a slight on AYSO. I am here to tell all of you that we are on the same team, we are and should always be friends, and that nothing I said was directed to you personally. Remember, we ALL do what we do, for THE KIDS OF SAN PEDRO, AND NOT FOR OURSELVES.

When I attended the NW Neighborhood council meeting last week, some people asked me to address the fact that we were a private organization, and that is one of there reasons why they should not help us in our fight. (Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the two of us, AYSO and Little League, both private organizations?) Anyways, I got home and wrote the letter, because I thought I could address, that even though we at Eastview are "Private", we benefit the community just as much as our towns public organizations.

The lines I chose to use to compare this, WAS NOT DIRECTED IN ANYWAY TO AYSO. My first comment was directed a public facility in town, where San Pedro High school tried to use for Baseball practice, but the red tape in getting the gates unlocked at that public facility, made it an uneasy task to make happen. In that comparison, I wanted to let everyone know that Eastview is open 24/7, for anyone to play on. Sorry if you took it as a slight on AYSO.

Secondly, the line I used to say that Eastview does not charge for all-stars, was a comparison to this past basketball season when all three of my children made All-Stars, and they charged me a fee for each of my children to participate. Again, no comparison to AYSO, I don't even know what you do, because none of my children were ever at the All-Star level in soccer to find out. Regardless, I was just trying to show that being private is not like the plague, and that it actually deserves as much attention as do some of our public facilities.

I am not here to make any enemies, and that is actually why I did not call out the facilities I was talking about in the letter. The bottom line, is that ALL YOUTH ORGANIZATIONS IN TOWN, whether PUBLIC OR PRIVATE, all need to be on the same team, and I hope all of you see it that way too. I am here for the kids, and I know all of you are too.

Thanks for listening,

Your friend from Eastview,

Ron Galosic

No comments: